Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Magical Day at Disneyland (Anaheim, California)


The First Disneyland ever built and the only one which was built under the direct supervision of Mr. Walt Disney himself, is the Disneyland located in Anaheim, California.
Conceived by the bright mind of the great man himself following his visits to many amusement parks with his daughters, the concept of a recreational park promising thrills and happiness as well as being a major tourist attraction was well-established and Walt Disney saw to himself the overall progress of building the park until the completion. His dream of building a park for both adults and children to enjoy together came to mind as he watched his daughters enjoying the merry go round at an amusement park in Los Angeles, and after careful planning and construction, he finally had a park to call his own following his purchase of a 160-acre (65ha) site near Anaheim in 1953.

Disneyland Anaheim, California officially opened its doors to public on July 17, 1955 and is today on the list of the world's top and most visited tourist attractions. Formerly the only attraction on the site, it is now known as Disneyland Park following the expansion of the property to include another theme park; California Adventure Park in the 1990s.



However, Disneyland Park still remained the crowd magnet, evident from the large crowds queueing outside the premises awaiting for the gates to be opened every day; including weekdays.



I am a big fan of Disney; and has always been since I was a child. I blame it on my parents who have been filling my childhood with images and live characters from Disney; who have been portraying the perfect and magical dream every child could have dreamt of.
I have watched almost every single animation released from Disney, and my dream was to visit Disneyland someday. I have, in fact, visited the one in Hong Kong (read here and here) but I knew that nothing would beat the original Disneyland, or the very first in California where it was the brainchild of the great man himself.
(Don't get me wrong, the Disneylands around the world are all great, and they have all been conceptualized to be exactly the same replicas but it is just a personal aim to be at the original and very first site of Disneyland).

The iconic scene at the main entrance as one steps into Disneyland




Disneyland Park in Anaheim; part of Orange County (O.C) in California consists of eight theme parks; Main Street USA, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland which were part of the original park when it was opened in the year 1955. The park expanded with the addition of New Orleans Square, Bear Country (later known as Critter's Country),  and Mickey's Toontown.

Main Street USA






Shops on Main Street USA


A statue built in memory of the founder, Walt Disney and the world's most famous mouse; Mickey Mouse


The ever famous and magical Sleeping Beauty Castle (many have mistaken this for the Cinderella's Castle) is the entrance to Fantasyland




The buildings and cottages we are so familiar with in the fairytales are all found in Fantasyland








I love carousels; there is always something magical about them and I didn't care if anyone were to call me a big kid. I would always, always be excited to see a carousel, and I think I will still have a go at one even if I am an old lady!












Look who I met in Disneyland!
Alice and Mad Hatter were just so friendly :-)



And the boy who never grows up, Peter Pan!
(I do not feel like growing up either here :-P )


Mickey's Toontown
This has got to be my personal favorite park, and it is not hard to understand why as this is the park filled with all the earliest characters I have known from Disney and they are every child's greatest and happiest friends!






Pluto :-)


My Love, Mickey Mouse!! 
Mickey was definitely affectionate! :-)


Mickey's Home



With the Love of Mickey's life, the ever sweet Minnie Mouse



Goofy!
(He kept running around the whole Toontown, it was really hard to catch him for this photo! :-)


Mickey is truly everywhere in his own Toontown~



Frontierland
Enjoy a good ride on Mark Twain's Riverboat with a view of the Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island







New Orleans Square
Haunted Mansion with a long queue leading to it




I bumped into Princess Tiana here; at the Princess Tiana's Mardi Gras Celebration


Be back at the Main Street USA for the most popular Main Street Parade at the designated time (a few rounds throughout the day).
Watch all the favorite Disney characters in action as they take on the street with their live performances and in beautifully, colorfully decorated floats.












Stay on for the grand finale with the fireworks at night if you are up for it, always a spectacular show and a magnificent finish to the Disneyland tour~
Need I say more?
I love Disneyland, it is where dreams come true....

Now, when is my next Disneyland trip? *winks*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism ToolProtected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Tool