Friday, July 4, 2008

Trip to Nurnberg: Part 1 - Flying to Frankfurt

June 2008 was the most anticipated month since I was informed of my trip to Nurnberg, Germany for company training and that was when I started drafting out my plan to tour a few interesting places in Europe as well following the trip.

I flew out of our international airport at night; and thus began my round the clock 12-14 hours flight to Frankfurt Germany.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
It was a really exhausting journey; especially when I had to travel during my sweet bedtime.
Thankfully, I managed to catch up on my beauty sleep despite the confined space in the airplane and also the constant revving sound of the airplane.
And again, when traveling across the timezones, be ready for meals at odd hours.
For instance, I was awakened at about 2am Malaysian time for dinner or something.
GOSH!
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Then I had my breakfast or lunch; I can't even remember anymore!
It was a relief when I finally anticipate the plane approaching the airport.
My legs were so cramped that it felt painful at one point; I had to get up and walk to the end of the plane and started doing exercises to stretch my body and stimulate the blood circulation.

Landing in Frankfurt airport at 8.30a.m., I had to hurry to catch my connecting flight (domestic) to Nurnberg.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
However, of course, I had to go through the immigration in Frankfurt airport.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
By the way, looking at the appearance of Frankfurt airport, I felt so proud of our very own KLIA!
The interior looked so dull and unappealing that I had doubts whether I am in Germany; the country famous for technology.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

I also found to my utter disgust that the people here are not really well-mannered; in fact they are quite rude; as a matter of fact. (No offense to the rest of you out there, I am probably unfortunate though to met those who were rude)

Anyway, I found my departure gate and proceeded to wait for my flight.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
The domestic flight to Nurnberg was on this airbus; and we were transported by the airport shuttle from the waiting hall to the plane directly (not walking to the plane on our own; the land is too large for us to do so)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
I am on my way to Nurnberg!~

(To be continued...)

3 comments:

  1. I almost had the chance to go Frankfurt with my colleagues (for biz trip too) but ended up being at Beijing alone. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiks...what happened then? why did you end up in Beijing pula???

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so well traveled.. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism ToolProtected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Tool