Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Answer is....

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
When I published this photo in my blog two days ago, I had no idea that it was going to garner a small group of responses, and almost drove one crazy!~

Well, I wanted to post the answer a little later, but fearing the sanity of those who guessed, I will be revealing here:)

Ashley, as mentioned, you were really close to the answer, and I was not kidding about it:)

These are actually, get the word, FIRE-Beaters (though, it was a close translation of the functional word from Chinese)
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
These were found along a path in the clearing of the woods; well, not exactly the thick forests you are imagining but one that ones takes a short leisure walk to enjoy the scenery.

I think they were the villagers' odes to putting out fires fast, and maybe it was an effective method concocted by the locals.
I found these rubber flaps really interesting and when I saw them, the first thought that came to my mind was that these were mops/cleaning flaps and boy, was I amazed to see the instructions/signs.
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Guess it really worked, and after doing some research, they do actually exist and are effective due to the rubber's anti-flammatory material.
Now, how about that?

Have you seen anything like this before??

1 comment:

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism ToolProtected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Tool