Thursday, March 19, 2015

Seafood by the Sea at Baywatch Restaurant


P1260798_Fotor

Baywatch Seafood Restaurant was the one I tried on my visit/day trip to the coastal town of Tanjung Sepat (in my last post here).

Reputed to be one of the more popular ones in town, this seemed to be the restaurant that many have been to during their visit to this town.

Perhaps it is their sea view facing location that attracts many to come for their seafood meal, or maybe it is their opening hours; operating throughout lunch and dinner.


P1260795_Fotor

P1260793_Fotor

The other reason could be the popularization by local food commentary and host, Axian, who had paid his visit and recommended the restaurant.


P1260779_Fotor

Lunch was a simple affair, and most of the dishes were supposedly their signature or recommended ones.

These are not the only things we had at the seafood restaurant, of course, but they are the starters to the meal.

P1260780_Fotor

Crabs with salted egg yolk


P1260781_Fotor

Lala/Clams in Herbal Soup

P1260782_Fotor


Deep Fried Mantis Prawns with Dried Chilies (Kung Pow Style)

P1260783_Fotor


Spare ribs in BBQ Sauce

P1260785_Fotor

Prawns wrapped in Lotus leaf

P1260787_Fotor

Steamed White Pomfret with soy sauce

P1260790_Fotor

Claypot Beancurd with assorted Seafood

P1260791_Fotor

Stir Fried Kale with Salted Fish 

P1260792_Fotor

I have not much to comment on the food; just on the average for most of them, hence the photo essay theme for this post where I let the photos do the talking.
As I was also on a guided tour (where everything is arranged by the company and paid for), I am not aware of the prices for the dishes above.
I would say that I still stick to my regular favorites for my own list of seafood restaurants :-)

The view is however quite something for one to enjoy while having their meal here, and I think the main attraction of the restaurant, or at least, it is for city dwellers who do not get to enjoy this on a daily basis.


P1260794_Fotor


Maybe I could do a comparison when I get to try another restaurant on my next visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism ToolProtected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Tool